Forlorn Love

           

                           
           Do you remember

              those magical evenings on the rooftop

               holding hands together,

           gazing at the skies as night falls



         soaked in the warmth of twilight

               we stood there still

              looking into each other

           solving the mysteries of love


             Had time frozen then

           i would not pen this down

               but it flows

           like an endless stream


           came a day when truth
           
             dawned upon us-

           my ways were  not yours 

           your dreams were  not mine
         
           
             As I light a fag and
     
           watch the silvery smoke
       
             penetrate the dark

           my mind stirs in silence


             as this little fag
         
             smokes out my life

             giving me solace

             so does my love






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Word

Language of the Night

The Story of Life in a Room